- Analyze the organic search landscape and identify key opportunities to drive meaningful traffic. Conduct keyword research and competitive gap analysis to inform strategic content plays, including new content, content optimization, new content formats and innovative experiments that quickly grow traffic on relevant, high-value search terms. These strategies will help inform content strategy and execution, which will require close collaboration with the editorial team.
- Drive results to win in organic. Lead the charge on keyword and traffic conquest by ensuring all content is best positioned to win on SERPs. You will do this by implementing on-page and off-page strategies that help our content gain strong visibility. You’ll also be responsible for site-wide technical performance, including but not limited to sitemaps, internal linking architecture, page speed, and tech stack.
- Analyze the product affiliate space and identify opportunities to drive growth in our affiliate business. Conduct performance analysis across Amazon and our other affiliate partners. Keep a pulse on the external environment and key market trends.
- Own the P&L. Measure and report on performance. Be responsible for your business’s metrics and make proactive, data-driven decisions to drive profitable growth. Effectively communicate with senior leadership and external stakeholders on financial metrics, issues, and opportunities.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of in-house experts (anywhere from 2-10 employees), freelancers, vendors, etc. to hit KPIs and produce up to 500 pieces of content a month. Use a management system (cadence of weekly staff meetings, our monthly operating review, and quarterly board meetings) and informal systems to create clarity and accountability for the team on how to execute this plan and win the market. h
- Collaborate with other Home Team leaders and Three Ships stakeholders to “connect the dots” on organic and affiliates with our other initiatives. Ensure our programs with partners are maximized in organic based on learnings in other channels.
- Recruit the team, provide outstanding leadership and create a positive culture.
As a senior member of the SEO team, you’ll be responsible for improving organic search performance by strategizing and executing on technical SEO workstreams. You’ll work closely with the editorial team to ensure all content is created targeting valuable keywords and is published following technical best practices to rank in Google SERPs. You will also be responsible for developing and executing on-page and off-page optimization strategies tailored to different types of content and keywords.
While the role demands commercial instincts, experience in SEO, and critical strategic thinking, the Home Team is also an early-stage, fast-growing part of our company – so we all get our hands dirty. Important competencies include:
- Deep background in and passion for organic search, and fluency in the levers required to win in SEO (content strategy and execution, link building, technical site build and performance, CRO, etc.) – you are comfortable jumping in to do whatever we need to get the job done between writing, editing, technical audits, attribution implementation, etc.
- Ability to lead and inspire a multi-disciplined team to hit critical commercial KPIs
- Comfort working in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and other common reporting platforms
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders, report up to internal stakeholders, and foster strong alignment with your team
- Three Ships Culture buy-in: Act with Focus, Get After It, Build the Team, and Grow Without Limits – those are our values, and we expect you to live them every day
- Entrepreneurial spirit: we act like entrepreneurs. Our team members are incredibly driven, agile, goal-oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
- 3-5 years of experience in SEO execution. Affiliate network and attribution experience is a plus.
- Track record of managing digital projects with multiple competing priorities and overseeing a team of digital contributors to hit metrics – on time and on budget.
- Ownership of financial performance and goal-setting.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing principles such as conversion funnels, website optimization for SEO rankings, and audience segmentation.
- Experience in overseeing technical SEO workflows and optimizations, all with SEO ranking and traffic as the core objective.
- Experience in applying data insights to editorial decisions.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding performance targets. Experience leading a team to hit output goals is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Analytics, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or Business.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skillsets, nothing is more important than a strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change and uncertainty, and a passion for learning and creating.
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Sleep, Natural Health, Senior Health, and Auto industries. Three Ships wrapped 2020 with triple-digit revenue growth. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about firsthand.
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience. As a member of the Three Ships platform, you have access to competitive benefits, including health, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, mobile reimbursement, and an office stocked with snacks, coffee and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.