About The Role
Do you live and breathe writing and research? Are you a digital content junkie — always staying current on the latest trends in blogs, social media and technology? Are you seeking to grow your career as a Sr. Content Producer in the fast-paced world of digital content marketing? Great. We’ve been looking for you.
As a Content Producer or Sr. Content Producer, you will have meaningful content responsibilities and will play a vital role in our content production process. You’ll be responsible for delivering clean, accurate, and well-researched copy that will engage our audience, rank well in Google, and be both informative and entertaining. Further, you’ll have the opportunity to not only write amazing pieces of content day in and day out, but you will also conduct in-depth research and participate in creative and analytical content strategy sessions. You’ll be encouraged and expected to think outside the box and gain confidence in your decision-making and copy capabilities.
Position is based in Raleigh, NC but open to remote candidates as long as individuals are able to work EST business hours and have the ability to travel to Raleigh, NC 2-4 times per year, as needed.
• Writing best-in-class content in the form of company reviews and round-ups — each one accurate, optimized, on-brand, on time, and relevant to target audiences.
• Receiving real, constructive feedback to learn our standards and revise your work accordingly.
• Interview subject-matter experts, launch consumer surveys, and conduct focus groups to better understand the topics you cover.
• Contributing ideas to help the team level-up existing research processes.
• Sourcing images, charts, graphs, and infographics to supplement content pieces.
• Loading content onto our websites and QA all assets.
• Refining and update existing content pieces to reflect accurate product information, including pricing, promotions, retail partnerships, etc.
• Demonstrating a meticulous approach to your work — display a highly organized and focused process along with the ability to execute.
• In addition to content development, you may also be asked to assist with outreach to media, brands, and influencers, as well as assist with photography.
• Assisting with the onboarding of new team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred. Experience writing review content on products or services is a plus.
•At least 2-4 Years (at least 4-7 Years for Sr. Producer) of proven dexterity with written language: You can translate ideas and complex research into attractive, precise copy that engages and informs your audience. You are comfortable pivoting between topics and writing for different platforms (website, social media, infographics), while still maintaining a consistent voice. You’ll demonstrate this with a portfolio of varied writing samples directed at different audiences (maybe a technical academic paper on one hand, and an album review or blog post on another).
• Proven research habits: You don’t write content just to check a box; you produce quality writing backed by in-depth research, tapping into the expertise of authoritative sources.
• Independence and maturity: You are comfortable putting your head down and producing excellent work without constant supervision. You demonstrate maturity and have made it clear that we can count on you to show up every day on time, smiling and ready to go. You prove this to us through a successful track record of positive professional experiences with your previous jobs.
• Experience and/or passion for SEO and content marketing: Experience in SEO-first, conversion-oriented writing is a plus. If you don’t have this experience, you are eager and passionate about learning and applying these strategies to your content in a consistent and natural way.
• Problem-solving and agility: You thrive in an environment where there is no playbook for success. You can adapt to different tasks and shift priorities as needed. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are energized by doing work that hasn’t been done before.
• An inherent drive to be excellent: You are not satisfied with average. You are enthusiastic and committed to do whatever it takes to get the job done at a world-class level and don’t check out because it’s 5 p.m. or a weekend.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.