Three Ships is seeking an Editor to join its fast-paced team. Three Ships is a leading affiliate marketing business whose mission is to create objective reviews that help consumers make free, informed consumer purchasing decisions online. You will play an instrumental role in building and engaging audiences online, including organic search growth for our home service reviews portfolio. You’ll be responsible for delivering publication-ready content that is on-time, fully optimized for SEO, and meets our marketing goals.
- Manage reviews-oriented content production by analysing search and market trends, setting goals and tracking progress towards goals.
- Lead and develop a team of content producers and edit all content to ensure high editorial standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve content performance via SEO, linkbuilding, conversion rate optimisation tests, and other means.
- Collaborate on review standards, topic selection and final review of content.
- Provide reporting visibility, track performance trends, and identify opportunities for optimisation, testing and growth.
- Understand competitor landscape and analyze strategies of top publishers to apply learnings to improve content performance.
- Scale a team – identify and recruit writers whom you’ll oversee as we rapidly expand our content production team.
What it Takes
This role demands sharp editorial instincts, a passion for content production, and the skills to lead and drive a business.
- Deep background in and passion for product writing and editing. We want to see that you can analyse from every angle and communicate your findings to an audience in a fun, engaging, and knowledgeable way.
- An understanding of the P&L and key drivers, excitement around driving business growth and optimising performance – including across SEO, digital PR/linkbuilding, and CRO testing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills. You maintain a methodical process and high standard of excellence in your work, while balancing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills. You will build relationships with external stakeholders, manage staff writers and freelancers, report up to internal stakeholders and foster strong alignment with your team. This all requires clear, direct communication and follow-through.
- Openness to feedback and collaboration. You’ll be working closely with different teams, so you’ll need to be open to the process and accepting of feedback, edits, and critique.
- Ownership mentality: You treat each content piece like it is your own and stand behind every word. You are comfortable putting your head down and producing excellent work without constant supervision.
- 3S Home Culture buy-in. We Act with Focus, Get After It, Build the Team, and Grow Without Limits; these are our values, and we expect you to live them every day.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. This is a unique chance to rapidly enter, build out, and scale new content categories. As such, we act like entrepreneurs – our team members are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
What Your CV Shows
Strong editing and content production background, with some business experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Business or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of digital editing or content production experience.
- 2+ years of product writing experience.
- Business leadership or performance management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in common CMS platforms, like WordPress is preferred.
- Drive to quickly gain expertise on a subject matter that might be foreign to you.
- Familiarity working in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Competitive drive and a hunger to learn.
Why You Should Join Three Ships
- Results: Three Ships is a large and rapidly growing affiliate marketing company – our overall revenue growth is up triple digits in 2020, and we are the market leader in key categories like mattresses or home warranty
- Ownership & Impact: We seek talented people with the desire to own and run parts of the business that drive company performance. Those who prove their value quickly earn more responsibility
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of “forever,” have no debt, and have significant cash to invest
- Market Landscape: The digital services marketing landscape is transforming. There’s no better time to be building a business in this space
- Learning: Our team includes leading subject-matter experts in digital (paid media, SEO, content strategy, creative, branding) and business building (business development, partnerships, negotiation, etc.). The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun
- 3S Home Culture. We Act with Focus, Get After It, Build the Team, and Grow Without Limits; these are our values, and we expect you to live them every day.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. This is a unique chance to rapidly enter, build out, and scale new content categories. As such, we act like entrepreneurs – our team members are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience. As a member of the Three Ships platform, you have access to competitive benefits, including Pension, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, food delivery or massages, and mobile phone reimbursement.
Three Ships Mission
The mission of Three Ships is to enrich lives by building the world’s best digital content and products. We write objective, independent reviews of products and services, we publish and optimise them online, and we monetise through performance-based relationships with brands. We currently operate in a variety of verticals - sleep, home services, auto services, health and wellness, fitness, and sustainability - and are launching businesses in education, technology and financial services. Since our founding in 2009, we’ve been on a fast paced growth trajectory - including 2x revenue growth last year.’
Three Ships is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a reference check.