About the Role
Are you looking to accelerate your professional growth and take on new responsibility as a Back-End Engineer? Three Ships is seeking an experienced developer to take on an instrumental role in leading the development, automation and management of key tools, reporting structures and technical components for one of the largest paid media P&Ls in our exciting growth-stage company. We’re looking for a proven leader with an entrepreneurial mindset that can drive game-changing results and help 3S Home accelerate its mission to make home improvements, maintenance and repairs easy for consumers and brands. If you live and breathe web development, love coming up with creative technical solutions and are excited about working in a growing business, this role is a perfect opportunity for you.
Position is based in Raleigh, NC but open to remote candidates as long as individuals are able to work EST business hours and have the ability to travel to Raleigh, NC 2-4 times per year, as needed.
- Understanding complex business problems and advance the architecture to solve those business problems at scale
- Developing database design and architecture with business stakeholders to manage large and complex datasets
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining key tools and reporting structures at scale that help our team manage a fast moving and ever changing P&L environment
- Scoping and timeline technical back end projects to work with senior leadership to prioritize solutions
- Exploring and implement automation solutions to
- Maintaining responsible code commenting habits
- Ensuring solutions are functional
- Partnering with business teams to troubleshoot and replicate production issues and implement fixes
- Leading efforts to improve engineering, testing and operational excellence best practices
- Strong interest in learning new frameworks and technologies
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development, back-end web development or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in database technologies
- Understanding of core database principles and experience designing and building relational and non-relational databases.
- Ability to solve for different problems based on need (large data stores versus quick data retrieval)
- Knowledge of data translation (ETL) processes and retrieving data via APIs
- Knowledge of process automation via tools or Linux commands
- Familiarity with MySQL, RDS, Redshift preferred
- Ability to work productively on a remote, geographically distributed team
- Ability to manage workload across multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Sleep, Natural Health, Senior Health, and Auto industries. Launched in the fall of 2017, Three Ships’ home services business operates a portfolio of websites that help consumers save time, money, and hassle when making purchasing decisions. Known as “3S Home,” this group is looking to grow and expand with the help of a Backend Engineer. Our mission is to save US homeowners over 1 billion hours each year by providing the best advice, reviews, and resources on their household maintenance and repair decisions.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.