About the Role
Increase your technical leadership experience and WP development knowledge by leading a small squad of mid and Sr.-level developers in the creation and improvement and maintenance of dozens of WP sites as part of an exciting growth-stage business.
Position is based in Raleigh, NC but open to remote candidates as long as individuals are able to work EST business hours and have the ability to travel to Raleigh, NC 2-4 times per year, as needed.
- Help build, maintain and grow the 3S Home digital portfolio as a technical lead on the digital team
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs and write new custom plugins, themes and web services to help streamline development team efforts and create scalable and easily manageable solutions for our home services business
- Consult with business partners and UXDs to understand needs AND define how business requirements and user stories should be approached and implemented.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of 2 - 3 Mid to Sr- level. offshore WP developers
- Ensure quality code and solutions are delivered by development squads by helping to architect scalable best-practice solutions, selecting and testing plugins, ensuring quality code commenting and documentation processes are followed AND completing code reviews prior to QA and UAT testing.
- Assist scrum master in providing story points and in resource allocation as part of the team’s agile 2-week sprint cadence.
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience using WordPress
- Experience delivering fully-responsive “mobile first” websites. AMP knowledge and development experience preferred.
- Experience with MAMP, WAMP or local environments
- Experience with Agile methodologies including common scrum ceremonies and tools (sprint planning, retrospective, demo, and story points)
- Familiarity with SQL / MySQL and the Wordpress $wpdb object
- Experience with GitHub, Pantheon and AWS hosting
What it Takes
- Communication. Effectively communicate via email and project management tools, like Asana or Jira.
- Multi-tasking. Ability to manage multiple work-streams and simultaneous projects in support of a growing portfolio of sites.
- Flexible/adaptable. As a growth stage company, we pivot quickly and use our speed to take advantage of opportunities in a competitive market. You need to be nimble, and help us figure out how to get high quality solutions designed and built.
- Teamwork. You need to be able to work well with a small high-functioning hybrid (local, remote and offshore) team of SEO Experts, UXDs, Scrum Masters, QA, Dev Ops, and Front and Back-End Web developers.
- Attention-to-Detail. While we’re looking for candidates who “get the big picture”, success in this role will depend most on your ability to dig into the details and create high quality technical solutions that align with business goals.
- Follow through on commitments. As a member of the Digital team, you’ll work within our 2-week sprint cycle where we’ll count on you to size your work using story points, report on your progress in daily standups, report roadblocks and complete work on time.
- Problem Solving. At Three Ships, we expect our team members “grow without limits”. In this role, this means you will be expected to enthusiastically pioneer solving new problems that haven’t before been tackled.
- Proactivity/takes initiative. One of our company values is “get after it” and in this role, we’re especially looking for a mature developer who can take problems, propose solutions and lead the team in execution.
- 5 or more years of experience as a web developer or engineer working in a professional environment
- 5 years front-end development with a focus in WordPress
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Sleep, Natural Health, Senior Health, and Auto industries. Three Ships wrapped 2020 with triple digit revenue growth. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about first hand.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.