Three Ships is a rapidly growing digital marketing business that is changing the way consumers search, review and shop online. Our mission is to enrich lives by building the world’s best digital content and products. We operate in a variety of verticals - home services, auto, health and wellness, technology, and sustainability - and we are launching businesses in financial and personal services. Since our founding in 2009, we’ve been on a fast-paced growth trajectory, including more than 100% year-over-year growth.
About our platform
Three Ships has a proven track record of building and scaling profitable digital-first businesses. We see a huge gap between the risk of launching a garage start-up and the boring routine of working in a large corporation to meet quarterly earnings targets. To address this gap, we designed Three Ships as a collection of independent companies whose management teams have literal and figurative ownership to chart the best course for their business. As a private company, we can focus on building long-term value for customers, employees, shareholders, and our communities without the distractions and drama that many large public or PE-owned businesses face.
Three Ships is seeking an experienced Vice President, Client Growth to build enduring relationships with a selective set of publisher partners.
As a senior member of the leadership team, you’ll take the lead in engaging and building deep relationships with our largest partners. You’ll be responsible for formulating account strategies, aligning with our partners, and marshaling the right content teams across the 3S portfolio of companies to unlock each partner’s full potential. If you have an ownership mindset; are laser-focused; have a bias to action; have the ability to establish, build, and deepen relationships at a senior client level; and are excited about working in a high-growth start-up with the chance to build a real business (and equity), this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Remote – preference for New York, Raleigh, Charlotte, or Atlanta
Reporting to the President of the 3S Growth team, the VP, Client Growth will focus on deepening our relationships with major partners and unlocking additional opportunities within these partnerships.
- Drive the strategic relationship with our partners: work with the Director, Client Growth to fully own relationships with our client counterparts and be the “right-hand person” for the 3S Growth President on senior client executives
- Work hand-in-hand with our publishing partner teams in each vertical to deliver this strategy in full - creatively problem-solve any roadblocks to deliver on content and revenue targets
- Maintain routine cadence with key partners, ensuring we're identifying new opportunities, flagging roadblocks, and quantifying value to build momentum to solve
- Engage publishing partners to understand current problems/opportunities, and incorporate them into our roadmap for growth
- Work directly with our business vertical teams to understand their needs and effectively communicate back to the partners to unlock additional growth.
- Collaborate with our “New Partnerships” team to onboard new partners and activate their launch.
What Your Resume Shows
- 8-10 years of professional experience commensurate with the industry and/or functional roles of the job:
- Consulting or professional client services experience from a top-tier management consultancy at the manager or project leader level
- Business development or at a leading media publisher or digital platform company,
- VP-level experience at a high-growth, Series A or later start-up, or
- Experience in the media practice of a leading management consultancy
- MBA or equivalent degree from a top-tier graduate program strongly preferred, but not required; Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically at a high level
- Demonstrated track record of amazing “client hands” – experience owning client relationships
- Demonstrated expertise in sales, negotiation, relationship building, and overall communication skills
Why You Should Join Us
- Results: At Three Ships we have ten consecutive years of profitability and a track record of successful growth in the digital marketing space.
- Ownership: You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed 100s of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Entrepreneurship without the risks: we have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to substantially grow our client partners.
- Top talent: work alongside a leadership team with deep expertise in the digital media landscape, as well as a great leadership toolkit – exec team includes 3 HBS MBAs and alumni from McKinsey, Deutsche Bank, and a host of start-ups
- Market Landscape: The digital media and marketing are transforming. There’s no better time than now to be building a business in this space.
- Career Growth: There is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of “forever,” and have significant cash to invest – we’re “rock-solid” financially.
- Impact Focused: Opportunities to take part in our quarterly initiatives with organizations like Habitat for Humanity and The Green Chair Project and help respond to the critical needs of our local communities.
- Learning while Doing: We are a young, hungry team but also have the advantage of tapping into the Three Ships ecosystem and working with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. A real opportunity to shift from advisory or consulting roles into doing the work to make things happen.
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience and a leadership role in an early-stage company. This leadership role will also include participation in the company’s equity incentive plan. As a member of the Three Ships platform, you have access to competitive benefits, including health, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, mobile reimbursement, and an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.