About The Role
If you’re looking for the chance to showcase your SEO skills and Google mastery, 3S Home is the place for you. We’re looking for a Sr. SEO Associate to help design and implement the SEO strategy for our portfolio of home service review sites. SEO is a top focus for our websites, as well as for the websites of our partners, so the job of the Sr. SEO Associate will be to build and execute an SEO strategy that maximizes our traffic and ranking growth.
The Sr. SEO Associate has the unique opportunity to join on the ground floor of a young, growth-oriented company. 3S Home has only just scratched the surface of the endless opportunities and possibilities in the online home services world, and building effective SEO processes are key to accelerating that growth. The Sr. SEO Associate will work closely with the SEO Director to identify the highest-impact optimization opportunities and implement those optimizations, with access to whatever supporting resources are necessary to achieve that goal.
Position is based in Raleigh, NC but open to remote candidates as long as individuals are able to work EST business hours and have the ability to travel to Raleigh, NC 2-4 times per year, as needed.
Your Day to Day
- Work in conjunction with the SEO Director to identify high-potential content targets. As mentioned above, the primary responsibility in this position is to grow our organic traffic through strategic SEO improvements. The Senior SEO Associate will be in regular communication with the SEO Director to identify the best content targets to optimize based on the team’s monthly, quarterly, and annual goals, as well as the keyword difficulty, competitive landscape, and any other relevant factors.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve rank and traffic to content based on onpage and offpage optimizations. After selecting optimization targets, the Senior SEO Associate will be responsible for developing and implementing optimizations. These optimizations will be prioritized based on the highest potential impact and, to whatever extent possible, should be scaled across the entirety of our content library.
- Track and record changes in traffic and rankings based on optimizations or other changes to the SERP landscape. Effectively tracking and monitoring changes in traffic and ranking is crucial in this role. The Senior SEO Associate will be responsible for building or adapting existing dashboards to track traffic and rankings over time, as well as to spot anomalies or swings that need to be investigated further.
- Adapt SEO processes based on industry case studies and updates announced by Google. SEO is not a static industry, and as such, the Senior SEO Analyst will need to be able to adapt and innovate based on the latest industry updates. These updates may be core algorithm updates announced directly by Google, creative strategies discussed online or at conferences, or approaches identified through competitive research.
- Experiment with SEO strategies and report on wins/losses to the rest of the team. As an extension of the previous item, the Senior SEO Associate will need to develop a plan for testing new strategies and ideas in a controlled and measured approach. This includes identifying control groups and variants, noting the expected impact, observing for any significant changes (positive or negative), and communicating these results to the SEO Director and the rest of the 3S Home team.
- Conduct keyword research to identify high-volume areas for us to branch into. Beyond our existing content library, the Senior SEO Associate will also be responsible for conducting keyword research to identify new categories (or new topics within an existing category) for our content team to target. Keyword research should focus on finding keywords with the highest opportunity, based on a combination of search volume, competitive difficulty, search intent, and likelihood of ranking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or other related field
- At least 2 years experience in SEO, with an emphasis on implementing effective strategies for clients or stakeholders
- Experience with keyword research and tracking tools such as ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz, etc.
- Experience with site crawling tools such as Screaming Frog, Deepcrawl, or Botify
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other native Google tools
- Familiarity with the Google Drive suite of tools (particularly Google Sheets)
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Sleep, Natural Health, Senior Health, and Auto industries. Three Ships wrapped 2020 with triple digit revenue growth. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about first hand
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.